Holy Shit! Visions of the Walworth Jumpers

Wednesday 16 December 2009

My storyboard in GCSE Course!


2008 © Valerie Pezeron


I was approached this week by a GCSE teacher who wishes to use my work in his curriculum. I was surprised to say the least, as I have never had Valoche's designs used that way. Jim Hawkins teaches a PSHCE course (Personal Social Health an Citizenship Education) and wishes to use the storyboards I made for Tim Danbiel's music video "Digging My Heels In". The unit his pupils are studying is about 'Lifeskills' and particularly looking at planning, preparing, analising and reviewing a real life product.
They have chosen to look at a Children Story, so the pupils need to look at all the steps needed in producing a storybook, from market research, to brainstorming ideas right the way through to problems with production.
The aim is to look at problem solving and either overcoming them or planning them out of the process.
I have taken a look at the PowerPoint presentation he uses to introduce the Storyboard pro-format and was quite impressed by the level of research.
I have given my blessing to the project and am available to talk to the kids if need be.
I wish I had had that type of course when I was at that age! Lucky kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.