Holy Shit! Visions of the Walworth Jumpers

Wednesday 18 August 2010

An Animated Life with David Habchy

All images courtesy of David Habchy

 I just realised I never posted on my blog the David Habchy interview I made in May this year for Dia magazine. So here it is:



Born in Beirut, DAVID HABCHY is an illustrator and animator with a different aesthetic. With a great balance of technical training to base his creativity on, David is one of those artists that captures your interest with just one look at his work. We were lucky enough to be able to interview David and see what the difference is between Lebanon and the United Kingdom, what his new collaborations are, and what other illustrators catch his eye.


“When I grow up, I want to be…” Did you always want to become an illustrator and animator?
I never thought of what I wanted to be when I was young.  My only interest was to live every moment and tell it over and over again, until I discovered a visual approach of expression; illustration and animation.
How did your time at university go?
The major I chose “Computer Graphics and Animation” was relatively new; and somehow risky.  I spent most of my university years in the drawing studio and art courses I was not enrolled in.  In a way, I created a program of my own.

Read the full article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.