Holy Shit! Visions of the Walworth Jumpers

Saturday 15 February 2014

Chinese Open Year of the Horse Art Show

 
Here are a few photos of my installation at the Chinese New Year of the Horse art show that took place at QPark Chinatown, right in the middle of Soho in London.





 
The show was curated by Vanya Bologh and Cedric Christie for Geoffrey Long and was a large group show comprising of over several dozen professional artists at different stages of their careers. 
 




Frames were attached back to back and hung from the ceiling at different heights on the strongest fish wire I could find.



The interesting thing with installing the pictures this way is that they were rotating constantly. A few visitors commented on how arresting the images were because they were following the viewer passing by with their gaze.  That was non intentional but a happy incident.

 


I knew I was going to compete with many artists for the public's attention so I knew I had to be inventive with how I displayed my work, hence the idea of putting them right in the middle of people's paths. I also deliberately created an imaginary 4 corners-sculpture in the way they were put up, so that all could stop by and have a drink while looking at the watercolours.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.